Can we prevent skin blemishes?
Skin spots often recur even after outpatient treatments. What can we do to prevent them?
The advice is the following:
- stimulate skin renewal to renew the most superficial layers of the skin
- protect the skin from UV rays (the one of the causes of skin spots)
- reduce the production of melanin and above all its deposit
The skin spots are not all the same.
Skin spots are an excess of melanin in some areas of the body. They are classified according to their nature in:
- Solar lentigo- appear on the most exposed areas such as the face, hands and the arms because they are due to sun exposure.
- Age spots – appear with age due to an inhomogeneous production of melanin.
- Melasma or chloasma- are a consequence of the hormonal flows that occur during the intake of the birth control pill or during pregnancy.
- Acne scars are post-inflammatory reactions that remain on the skin.